Saturday, August 25, 2007

SPAM-a-lot

I made 寿司スパム and, with it, won the title of
2007 Nebraska State Fair SPAM Cookoff Chapmion
I'm rather proud of my little concoction, which is simply vinigared rice, nori, some fresh vegitables and, of course, SPAM. It was great to win this year because I really liked my entry last year (SPAM pot pie) but it didn't place. A friend also recently introduced me to 30 Days of SPAM which, in turn, let me to The Book of SPAM. Another friend of mine is going to see Monty Python's SPAM-A-Lot. So, everything is turning up SPAM! It turns out my son likes it quite a bit too, which is good because now we enjoy canned meat together. I hate to keep shamelessly plugging for Hormel here, but it has to be said at this point, plus this is a first for me winning something at the State Fair even though I did a lot of animal shows here when I was younger. I'll have more on the fair as it progresses.

No comments: